Super Reverb/Bandmaster Reverb Blackface Mod Kit
Super Reverb AB763 Blackface mod kit
This kit includes all of the electrical components, diagrams & written directions you need to perform a full blackface conversion on your silverface Super Reverb or Bandmaster Reverb. (These amps share the same identical circuit)!
(Tools, solder & wire NOT included).
- Complete, detailed, easy to follow instructions with “before & after” diagrams are included.
- Copies of the original blackface Fender schematic & layout diagram for your amp are included! These are invaluable tools for reference & learning about your amp!
- Complete instructions for removing the master volume & push/pull gain boost are included.
- Only the highest quality Nichicon electrolytic capacitors are included in this kit.
- Only the highest quality carbon comp resistors are used in the signal path. Flameproof 1W metal oxide resistors are used for the high voltage applications in the power supply & bias supply.
- Instructions for reading color codes on resistors included.
BONUS: Certain resistors, vital to optimum performance of your amplifier have been measured & matched by tolerance percentage!! You are getting a matched set for your output section! This ensures maximum efficiency, optimum performance and the best possible tone from your Fender!
The tolerance normally associated with resistors makes it almost impossible to find matched sets unless you have hundreds & hundreds to choose from, & the time to sort through them all.
We have taken readings on literally thousands of resistors and spent countless hours putting these matched sets together. Why? Because matched sets sound and perform better than unmatched! Most kits on the market today do not take the time to provide this important service.
As a bonus, the necessary resistors & detailed instructions on how to properly set the bias of your newly blackfaced amp (using only a multimeter & calculator) are included.
Please note: These kits are designed for the “standard” Fender silverface amplifiers. If your amp is “ultralinear”, these kits are not intended for your amp. You can tell if your amp is ultralinear by looking under the speaker jack on the back panel. ALL 70 watt & 135 watt models are ultralinear!!
For UL amps, please check out out '1/2 blackface mod'