We do anything, from a simple repair job or tune-up to a full-on upgrade/blueprinting/overhaul! Turn your silverface Fender into one of the BEST sounding amps you’ve ever heard!!
A basic tune up includes cleaning all pots, jacks & switches, tightening all pots, jacks, switches & transformers, cleaning & re-tensioning tube sockets, testing all tubes, and giving the entire circuit an exam.
An overhaul involves full service, routine maintenance and necessary parts replacement (plus any optional mods) that will get your amp ready for the *next* decade(s) of delivering high level tone and performance!!
PACKING AND SHIPPING
Below you’ll find all of the necessary shipping info for packing and shipping your amp to us. Please read all instructions to avoid any damage, shipping delays or confusion because we don’t know who’s amp just shipped to us.
If you need more info on our processes, please click the “get more details” button in the text box to the right.
We look forward to getting your amp back to perfection!
HOW DO I PACKAGE MY AMP FOR SHIPPING?
* WHEN SENDING COMBO AMPS LIKE A SUPER, PRO, DELUXE OR TWIN REVERB, JUST SEND US THE CHASSIS – NO NEED TO SHIP THE WHOLE THING!
** BE SURE TO DISCHARGE YOUR FILTER CAPS BY UNPLUGGING YOUR AMP, AND LEAVING THE POWER SWITCH “ON” AND THE STANDBY SWITCH IN THE “PLAY” MODE. AFTER A FEW MINUTES THE CAPS SHOULD BE DRAINED.
- Unplug the speaker and reverb cables. Make note of which reverb cable goes where! Usually (but not always), the RCA jack with the red mark goes to the “reverb input” plug.
- Unscrew the power cable retainer on the left side of the cabinet. Then simply unscrew the four bolts holding the chassis in place via the “chassis straps” on top of the cab – reach underneath and hold the keps nuts while you unscrew the bolts.
- Simply slide the chassis out.
- Always remove your power tubes & rectifier tube, wrap them in bubble wrap & box them separately! You can then pack them in the box with the amp/chassis.
- Preamp tubes can stay in the sockets if the tube retainers are installed. If not, remove and wrap them as well.
- We find it useful to “roll” the chassis in a big piece of cardboard and tape it up tight. THEN pack it as if you would expect it to be dropped a few times along the way (double box is always a great idea)!
- BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME & CONTACT INFO INSIDE THE PACKAGE WITH THE AMP!!!!
- BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE PACKAGE!!! To keep things organized and to conserve space, we do not open packages until it’s gone through the queue and ready to hit the bench. If you ship from a shipping center your name will not be on the package unless you put it there yourself or tell them to include it in the return address.
- Please ship via FedEx or USPS (UPS is extremely rough) – double box if possible, require a signature for delivery and insure your amp for its full replacement value!
Be sure to have YOUR name on the outside of the package!! If your amp is shipped from a shipping center your name will NOT be on the label unless you put it on the package yourself!! This really helps us keep things organized and helps to avoid any confusion.